And Marti Noxon’s going to fix it! (We hope.)
M. Night Shyamalan Jumping Into Scripted TV With Syfy Project (Exclusive) – by Philiana NG
Syfy is getting into business with feature filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
The cable network has given a put-pilot commitment to a project from Shyamalan and Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Marti Noxon titled Proof, marking his first foray into scripted television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Shyamalan, who made his mark with The Sixth Sense,would direct the Universal Cable Productions project.
Proof centers on the son of a billionaire tech genius who offers a large reward for anyone who can find proof of life after death following the tragic accident and sudden passing of his parents.
Shyamalan and Noxon will co-write the project and serve as EPs. Ashwin Rajan, of Shyamalan’s Blinding Eagle, will also serve as an exec producer.
- The original script will suck because it will lack both characterization and logic
- The revised script will suck even more because Shyamalan won’t let Noxon add any characterization or logic and, in a fit of ego, will remove whatever was there before
- The pilot will cause unintended laughter every time it’s aired
- The pilot will be aired about 8000 times because the show will go to series no matter how bad it is, which means we’ll all have permanent smiles
- The series will be cancelled/abandoned/whatever before the first season can officially end
- Shyamalan will immediately go to work on another project for which he will be paid more money and will screw that one up too
Remember, boys and girls, you read it here first.