Showbiz Secret Numero Uno: It takes a whole lotta writing love to generate even a little writing money.
- Chris Morgan (FAST & FURIOUS) & Jason Fuchs (CONTINENTAL DRIFT) are teaming up to turn Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain amusement park ride into a dramatic WesternTV series for ABC. (Because if anything in this world can be considered tried-and-true it’s Disneyland.)
- Mark Goffman (THE WEST WING, STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP) is writing the pilot for NBC’s I AM VICTOR, about an abrasive but brilliant divorce attorney. (Because NBC always wanted to have its own version of HOUSE.)
- Phil Klemmer (POLITICAL ANIMALS) is writing the pilot for the CW’s adaptation of THE TOMORROW PEOPLE, which once upon a time was a big hit in the UK. (Because Nickelodeon had such success with the very same show a generation ago.)
- Chad Kultgen (THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE) is writing the pilot for BAD JUDGE, a comedy about a, you know, bad judge, for NBC. (Because he has such a cool last name. In fact, to us it sounds like the perfect name for the next generation of esoteric TV/online video viewers. Whatcha think?)
- Gretchen Berg & Aaron Harberts (REVENGE, PUSHING UP DAISIES) are writing the pilot for an untitled ABC drama about the soap opera world, created by Josh Duhamel, who evidently is some kind of actor. (Because Duhamel was on a soap years ago and actors creating shows based on, you know, themselves, are all over the place these days.)