- The premise and every idea that goes along with it; interesting new world, and world events, to explore
The Not So Good:
- The premise and every idea that goes with it have been done a thousand and one times before, making this series very little more than an amalgamation of old movies, TV shows, and books
- Worst acting I’ve seen in years, including by otherwise good actors
- Worst dialog – as in dull and expository – I’ve had to listen to in years, which may explain why the usually good actors seem so bad
- Plots and intrigue everywhere, smothering promising characters in layer after layer of “seen that, heard that” complexity that no one could give a rat’s ass about
- I wanted to like the show – I really did (hey, it’s got Julie Benz, AKA Darla, you know? – but the production is one of the most inept ones I’ve seen since my own late, unlamented SUPER FORCE. (Yeah, I helped create that – and I apologize, dammit!)
- My viewing was interrupted at about the 30 minute mark and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t work up the oomph to watch the rest of what I’d DVR’d. I didn’t hate DEFIANCE, but I can’t imagine myself ever finishing this episode or trying another.