This just in via the Orange County Craigslist:
Want to write about reality TV? Website hiring writers (Los Angeles/OC) hide this posting
compensation: Pay per article/ recap
TheAshleysRealityRoundup.com is looking to add one or two writers to its team!
Established in 2010, TheAshleysRealityRoundup.com is the premiere website for reality TV news, recaps & snark!
What we are looking for:
-An experienced writer we can email to cover various reality-TV-related news stories as they pop up. This person should be able to turn over content within eight hours (give or take), take spelling, grammar and accuracy very seriously, and be on the lookout for stories that would be a good fit for the site. You should have experience writing for an established website and be able to provide a few clips/links to show your style of writing.
-Someone who is a big fan of reality TV. (Please don’t apply if you do not watch these shows!)
While we cover almost all reality shows (except Housewives & Kardashians), we lean toward the following shows: The Bachelor franchise, the Teen Mom franchise, Sister Wives, The Voice, and the TLC shows. You should have a working knowledge of at least some of these shows.
-Someone who is snarky (but not mean-spirited) and can write with a bit of humor and fun.
-Someone who may want to take ownership of a show or two, and possibly write recaps to be posted the day after a show airs. (Please go to our site and click “Recaps” to get an idea of how we do it on The Roundup!)
-Someone with experience working with WordPress (this is great, but not required).
-Someone who may want to cover local events for The Roundup (this includes cool red carpet events, parties and media events). You may be working alongside The Ashley, or on your own representing the site.
If you’re interested, please send an email with the following:
1. Your name, location & contact information
2. How often you can provide an article (ideal would be 1-5 times a week)
3. Tell us your favorite reality TV shows & shows you are very well-versed in
4. Provide, in the body of the email (no attachments please), a sample of your writing (if you don’t have any samples, please write your version of this article: http://www.people.com/article/farrah-abraham-daughter-makeup-fought-principal) If this is not the type of stuff you want to write about, this job probably isn’t for you! 🙂
5. A list of sites/publications you have worked for in the past (or a resume works, if you prefer to send that)
This is a paid freelance gig. Pay is $7/article
It really requires the right person with the correct writing style. If you feel that this may be you, please email us! 🙂
Don’t take our word for it. Check out the ad itself HERE
Oh, and if you make contact, please tell us how it goes!