More important contract info for writers and others who hate dealing with, you know, contracts.
VIR – Very Important Reading!
by Thorin Klosowski
When you’re a freelancer, it’s pretty easy to just take a job and start working without thinking much about it. However, if you don’t want to accidentally get caught up in work you don’t want, 99U suggests including a set of provisions in your contract.P
- Clearly define the scope of your work
- Nail down everything related to money
- Make sure you’re clear on who will own your work
- Address how changes to the project will affect your fees
- Be clear that written agreement is the whole agreement
- Specify the process for changing the agreement