…So if you love the medium – and who doesn’t? – and you live in the L.A. area, this could be your golden opportunity to get into everybody’s favorite arena – showbiz, yeppers!
Here’s a quick look at the info:
Assistant Editor DC Entertainment DC Comics Publishing Editorial United States – California – Burbank 144080BR Full Time SUMMARY OF POSITION
DC Comics seeks an Assistant Editor for the Editorial-Integrated Publishing department. Assists Editor in development and maintenance of DC comics, in-bound licensed comics, custom projects and kids comics. Edit special online titles or books as needed.
- Assists Editor with development and production of DC Comics, in-bound licensed comics, custom projects, and kids line of comics.
- Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
- Works with licensees to ensure story content and quality are consistent and conform to licensee’s and DC’s standards.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to Senior Editor (copying, filing, answering telephones/questions and monitoring deadlines).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years work experience required.
- Online or Print Editorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of comic book industry preferred.
- Internet experience, intimate knowledge of community web-based sites preferred.
- Basic HTML and web content management tools preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
- Familiarity with PhotoShop, Illustrator, Quark or InDesign preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
And here where to APPLY